At Kinnu our mission is to elevate the intellectual capital of the world by raising the upper bounds of learning speed and knowledge retention. In other words, we want to build the best damn learning product the world has ever seen. We don’t measure our success in valuation or revenue. We will only be successful if we change the way 1b people learn. Read about our vision here.
We have raised over 4m USD pre-seed from some of the best angels and venture capital firms to realise our vision, including:
- Spark Capital (Twitter, Oculus, Slack, Coinbase, Snapchat), Jigsaw and Cavalry
- Tom Hulme (partner at Google Ventures)
- Rene Rechtman (CEO Moonbug, exited for $3b)
- Guy Podjarny (CEO of Snyk, valued at >$8b)
- Tom Leathes (CEO of Motorway, valued at >$1b)
- Adelina Grozdanova (Founder of Upgrade, valued at >$6b)
About the team
- At heart, we love building products that people love but also have meaning and purpose – that add something to the world.
- We are serial entrepreneurs – we’ve built and exited startups before. We love this stuff, and to do. We also have experience working at larger companies, like Google, and combine the best practices of both at Kinnu.
- Some of us have gone to Harvard. Others barely scraped by at school. What we all have in common is we’re geeky and intellectually passionate.
- Kinnu is our pride and joy. We’re pouring everything we have into this project to make it a success. That feels special.
Is this you?
- You care about ownership. You will receive equity in Kinnu and we want to make you feel like you’re really part of what we’re doing.
- You have worked at and enjoyed, or are interested in, working at a startup.
- You want to work in an intellectually safe environment where you can be yourself.
- You love learning. A plus – you’re interested in the brain / psychology / neuroscience and changing patterns of behaviour in today’s world.
- You’re not afraid of a bit of chaos and changing structure / direction.
- You believe the best way to get the most out of a team is just to trust them (cause that’s what we do. You decide what you need to be effective, not us).
- You don’t blindly follow orders and subscribe to a philosophy of disagree and commit.
- You value open feedback both on the giving and receiving end.
- You’re intellectually meritocratic (best idea wins, no matter who/where it’s from).
- Spending 6 hours on a ‘work day’ accidentally going down a rabbithole with us thinking about the meaning of life, quantum computing, or immortality in a post-scarcity world sounds like fun.
This job is probably not for you if:
- You measure your success by your pay cheque or title.
- Another company’s / startup’s mission is more appealing (this is totally coolsl with us, just be honest with yourself).
- You only feel comfortable if you’re told what to do.
- Architect, design, develop and maintain server-side infrastructure using Java, Kotin and Spring
- Collaborate with our front-end developers and mobile app developers to optimize our app’s performance and create a seamless user experience
- Utilize AWS to manage our services and deploy releases
- Utilize best practices in software development such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Stay up to date with industry developments, trends and security threats, and proactively work to make sure our app remains secure
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- Proven experience in Java, Kotlin and Spring
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment and collaborating with other developers
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Proactive, problem-solving mindset with a focus on delivering quality code